A List that Has Nothing to Do with Ottawa Real Estate
Here are some of the things I’ve enjoyed or that have made an impact on me this year. I’m not immune to recency bias so it may be skewed toward late 2022, but here goes:
I love listening to podcasts. I really really love them. I would say I listen to 3-4 hours a day, in the car, walking the dog, doing laundry, working out.
1. Everything is Fine: A podcast for women over 40. All the stuff no one talks about.
2. This American Life: Long form storytelling for Sunday strolls or evening wind down.
3. Sweet Bobby: Intriguing true story. Can’t say more without spoiling it.
4. All-In: Economics and tech chat show hosted by 4 industry insiders spanning the political spectrum
As above, I’m a big listener. I prefer to read my fiction though, when I can.
1. Crossroads, Jonathan Franzen
2. Profit First, Michael Michalowicz
3. The Year of Living Danishly, Helen Russell
TV & MOVIES
1. White Lotus Season 2 – I really disliked Season 1, but enjoyed this season
2. Dopesick – Not a Michael Keaton fan so had to be convinced, but wow!
3. 1883 – The story of how the Duntons ended up at Yellowstone. I watched it in a weekend.
4. Pitch Perfect 2 – My son Charlie and I watch this at least once a year.
I love mornings. I get to be alone with all the possibilities for the day. I spend time with my dog (who sleeps later than me, and is at this moment still in his warm bed.
My routine has shifted a bit this year. It starts slowly and then I right away spend time with a coffee at my computer doing uninterrupted work, like writing this! Then, I generally run or walk with my dog Webster and/or do some form of strength workout.
1. Bruce Pit – for walking with the dog off leash
2. Powerhaus Ottawa – particulary the “Build” class
3. Peloton Tread – for indoor running
4. Starbucks Westboro – Grande Dark Roast and a Puppicino
5. Happy Goat Coffee – Iced Coffee (in the summer)
1. Misto Fine Foods – The MOST delicious sandwiches (tied with Sherwood Deli, but that’s a little farther).
2. Pho Van Van – We recently rediscovered this Wellington West favourite for Vietnamese everything.
3. Wedel Touch of Europe – I end up here for the Marzipan but they do have a ton of hearty prepared options too.
In 2023, along with some local friends, I’ll be sharing all of our favourite places to eat, drink, shop, get your hair/nails done, along with neighbourhood news and community happenings for kids and grown-ups alike. If you would like to get on the waitlist for this new feature, simply click here.
I'm Liisa and I love helping people moving to Ottawa make their home purchase and transition smooth and seamless. I also love helping sellers get the most for their Ottawa home. Let me know how I can help you make your real estate dreams come true.
613-898-1184 (call or text)